SYMPOSIUM 2017 | Enrichetta Parolin

Who You Are
Enri (Enrichetta) Parolin
Language Officer
Former Language Consultant
NSW Department of Education,
Learning and Teaching
Secondary Education.

What Your Presentation Was About
Teaching (including Italian) in NSW primary and secondary schools
Information for overseas trained teachers on how to register to become a teacher in NSW government and non-government schools

Main Ideas You Would Like Us To Retain
To work as a teacher in NSW all teachers need to be accredited by NESA – NSW Education Standards Authority (previously called the Board of Studies, Teaching Education Standards (BOSTES).

  • To be accredited to teach in a NSW school, overseas trained teachers must hold recognised qualifications and may also be required to pass an English language proficiency test.
  • Teachers will need to complete at least 10 hours of Refresher Courses in their first year of provisional accreditation.

Your Advice
For anyone wanting information on teaching in NSW schools, primary and secondary, government and non-government, look up NESA website, link below, and talk to an officer at NESA. This applies to all subject areas including Italian.
For information on teaching Italian including Out of School Hours classes contact Co.As.It.

Useful Links For Us
NSW Education Standards Authority

NSW Department of Education


Any Additional Information You Would Like To Share With Us
Language Services Co.As.It.

Enrichetta Parolin’s Presentation